The digital world moves at such a fast pace and is taking over so much of our lives, we can almost never run out of terms to describe this “brave new world.” Add these to your vocabulary:
- Thumbo: an error (typo) made on a mobile device
- Cloud computing: using computer services that are distributed across the Internet; tasks are divided up among computers so that they work together as a single computer
- Lifestream: the result of putting so much of our lives in the public domain on the Web
- Microblog: a blog that allows the user to publish only a limited number of characters, frequently 140 or similar number, at a time; Twitter is a microblog service
You can get the Vocab Builder every weekday by following me on Twitter.
- Flog: a fake blog
- White list: a list of approved e-mail addresses
- BlackBerry thumb: an injury sustained from overuse of a BlackBerry or other smartphone
- Prosumer: professional + consumer. An amateur who has enough knowledge to require (or desire) professional equipment for a project.