This week’s word list is a hodge-podge group. See which one takes your fancy and try it out.
- Ersatz: an inferior substitute
- Millinery: a business that sells women’s hats and similar articles
- Incipient: starting to appear
- Arable: Plowable land
- Cryptomnesia: subconscious memory
You can get the Vocab Builder every weekday by following me on Twitter.
- Perfidious: Treacherous
- Confute: To prove wrong
- Fallow: Unplanted land during the growing season
- Plucky: Exhibiting courage
- Tipple: To drink alcohol, often to excess