It’s time to catch up! Inspired by Shannon Reed’s blog post about new-to-her vocabulary teaching techniques, I’m listing 11th grade vocabulary words this week. Does your vocabulary stand up to 11th graders’?
- Ambivalent: feeling of uncertainty
- Zenith: the highest point in an observer’s horizon
- Cryptic: mysterious
- Unobtrusively: in an inconspicuous manner
You can get the Vocab Builder every weekday by following me on Twitter.
- Fiasco: complete failure
- Perplexed: confused; filled with bewilderment
- Insurgent: “rising in revolt against established authority, especially a government”
- Diminutive: extremely small
- Presume: to make an assumption; to believe something true without any proof
- Inimitable: unable to imitate; matchless