I recently got an education in coffee, and a new world of words was opened up to me (though I still don’t drink the stuff). Improve your own coffee IQ:
- Burr grinder: A grinder that uses abrasive surfaces to grind hard foods, such as coffee beans
- Tamp: to pack down tightly
- Cappuccino: an espresso with steamed milk
- Latte: an espresso with frothed, steamed milk
- Demi-tasse: a small cup for espresso
You can get the Vocab Builder every weekday by following me on Twitter.
- Italian roast: a style of dark-roasting coffee beans that produces a coffee that is sweeter and less acidic than espresso and other dark roasts
- French roast: the darkest style of roasting coffee beans, producing a coffee that is extremely bold and smoky-tasting
- Americano: espresso and hot water
- Macchiato: espresso with a tiny amount of milk
- Portafilter: a basket with a handle that holds a tampered puck of coffee grounds, used on semi-automatic espresso machines
Now have a little fun with your terminology with this word puzzle. It took me 20:01. Surely one of you can do better. But remember: no cheating!