One thing I love about editing is that I learn so much from my clients and their projects. This week, you can build your vocabulary with words my clients have taught me.
- Syllogism: deductive reasoning that comprises a major premise, a minor premise, and a conclusion
- Recto: a right-hand page of a book
- Presenteeism: being present at work without really accomplishing the work, as when the worker is sick.
- Parenteral: taken into the body in a way other than by mouth
- Bioinformatics: using computer science, math, and information theory to model and analyze biological systems
You can get the Vocab Builder every weekday by following me on Twitter.
- Mutualism: when two organisms of different species work together for mutual benefit
- Plenary: unlimited, full
- Prolix: wordy
- Exogenous: diseases having a cause outside of the body
- Orthogonal: related to or made up of right angles
And if you’re in need of an editor, contact me!