Writers and editors are all about words. But what words do we use to describe our craft? A few examples for you to try out:
- Parse: to break down a sentence by parts of speech
- Dysphemism: an offensive or vulgar word that replaces a neutral word
- Gloss: a brief note about a difficult word or phrase in a text; to create such a note
- Autological: describes a word that describes itself, such as numberless
- Orthography: the study of spelling
You can get the Vocab Builder every weekday by following me on Twitter.