I reviewed Oxford Dictionaries Online (ODO) a while back, looking first at the free version and then at the pay version. ODO regularly updates its database of words, making it a great resource for newer words. February’s list included many tech-inspired words. Here are just a few.
- Textspeak: language used particularly for text messages or other online platforms that limit character count, such as Twitter
- Bloggable: a suitable topic for a blog post
- Cyberbullying: bullying that occurs online
- Bandwidth: the physical or mental energy or the time required to complete a task
- Woot: an exclamation of excitement; sometimes spelled w00t
You can get the Vocab Builder every weekday by following me on Twitter.